Friday 9 August 2013

80's Fever Forever





I prefer to listen to music that gets me in the 'zone' creatively and 80's music ticks all the boxes! Today the radio's on an 80's station, many of the tracks playing I've heard before but have not seen the videos.






I decided to take a break, check out some videos and they are AMAZING! Everybody looks, sounds, dances differently and videos are similar to a short film. The tongue n cheek aspect is always refreshing and content is not as suggestive as many of the current videos. Artists take on a new persona(s) in each one of their videos and collaborations, it was without a doubt an innovative era.

There's a brilliant game which uses 80's tracks in their promo trailers which proves the power of this era still reigns. 




I think gyms were not required in the 80's, because music had you moving constantly and the fashion did not allow for flab. When I hear people who appear 'stiff' talking about 'clubbing' back in those days, I now get why they were able to let their hair down and feel free - The 1980's = Good Vibes. Unfortunately, some of us were exposed to music in the form of Milli Vanilli and Black Box (before we knew better) and we know how that turned out.......

Black Box



Milli Vanilli












Lookout for some of the 80's videos I'll be posting shortly.
See. Love. Share
Ossie&Olga




No comments:

Post a Comment

Is anybody out there?